LILYSILK 100 Pure Mulberry Silk Pillowcase for Hair with Cotton Underside Charmeuse Hypoallergenic King 50x90cm Silvergray 1pc 19 Momme
Prices may incl. VAT *
Last refresh Jun/18/2017 01:05 PM
L 7.8 x W 6.3 x H 1.1 inches
LILYSILK new designed 19 Momme silk pillowcase is crafted by 100% pure mulberry silk for the top side. It is designed with a cotton underside to prevent slipping.
Silk Fabric: 19 Momme; 22 Momme; 25 Momme.
Mommes (mm), is a unit traditionally used to measure the quality of silk fabrics. One momme = 4.340 grams per square meter; 8 mommes is approximately 1 ounce per square yard or 35 grams per square meter.
For bedding, the higher the weight in momme, the better the silk bedding is. Sheets between 19-25 momme are considered ideal silk with momme weight. Lower than 19 are not suitable for the production of quality silk bedding linen.
1. Totally clean! - all other types of bedding contain thousands or even millions of dust mites, mould, fungus and other microscopic life. These cannot live in silk.
2. Protects skin from further damage - a natural part of silk is the protein sericin which leaves a protective barrier on skin helping prevent further damage.
3. Nourishes and protects the hair - in the same way that the skin is nourished and protected the amino acids and the protein sericin nourish and protect your hair too.
*Hand Wash Recommended Firstly.
*Machine wash cold gentle cycle. Do not bleach.
*Use neutral or special detergent for silk
Difference between Silk and Satin
1. Silk is a type of fabric, while satin is a weave, low prices satin are *not* made with silk, but with polyester instead. A polyester satin pillowcase costs roughly 1/4 to 1/2 of a silk pillowcase of the same size
2. Silk is a naturally made animal protein fiber, whereas polyester is a industrially produced fiber made from petroleum
3. Silk offers significantly better affinity to skin due to similar chemical composition. Compared to silk's smooth and light feel on the skin, polyester is hard, brittle and not very breathing at all
* The prices and shipping costs may have changed since the last update. It is technically not possible to update the prices in real time. The time of purchase on the Website of the seller is used as the reference.