Chinese Home Wall Decor Ritual Dance Mask 100% Wood Craft Folk Art 105 Pro Level - FREE SHIPPING
by Interact China
Prices may incl. VAT *
Last refresh Jun/28/2018 08:40 PM
Drama Performance for Ritual Ceremony in Southwest China
In the past, people use these masks to perform 'Nuo Dance¡¯ for ceremonies purposes. 'Nuo Dance¡¯ is a drama performance that can be traced back to Eastern Zhou Dynasty (770 - 256 B.C.). It is a ritual ceremony to pay tribute to Gods and expel the evil spirits. You will find it difficult to see this dance nowadays, except some occasional performance in the areas inhabited by minority groups living in Southwest China (Guizhou, Hunan, Yunan and Sichuan).
These masks are carved in the shape of either amiable or frightening animal along with a legendary figure. Village people believe these masks could keep away the evil spirits and bring them good luck.
"This very rare and aboriginal Nuo dance mask is true to life and has a great facial expression - a rare piece worth collecting indeed."
* Item : GZHANXMJ105
* Measurements:approx. 15 x 33 cm
* Weight : approx 450g
* Material: Solid Aspen Wood
* Production Time: 2 - 3 weeks
* Craftsmanship Level: Master Level, 100% hand carved and painted
Chinese Nuo Dance and its Mask is an Intangible Cultural Heritage verified by UNSECO
~ Browse Interact China for over 100+ selection in Opera Masks, Ritual Masks and Festive Masks ~
*** THIS NUO DANCE RITUAL MASK IS HANDCRAFTED BY INHERITED MASTER, NOT FACTORY MASS PRODUCED ***
Latest products for Price Comparison
* The prices and shipping costs may have changed since the last update. It is technically not possible to update the prices in real time. The time of purchase on the Website of the seller is used as the reference.